Our friends at BuzzFeed.com posted a fun article entitled 24 Signs you Spent Summers on Cape Cod. It's mostly photos with spot on observations of the Cape Cod lifestyle.
I've included most of them here today. The author really gets us, don't you think? However I think he forgot one critical element. Read on and see if you agree.
1. You've had family arguments about which bridge to take.
The Sagamore, or...
The Bourne Bridge has that iconic sign that makes you feel like you’re entering the Jazz Age.
2. Who needs Google Maps, when you can use your own arm as a map of the Cape?
(He's pointing to Chatham)
3. Which is better, walking at low tide or swimming at high tide? Don't make me choose!
4. When photographers talk about that magic Cape Cod light, you feel they have a direct line to your soul.
5. Be right back, weeping.
6. Cape Cod Potato Chips taste even better in their natural habitat.
Maybe it's the salt coming in from the breeze.
7. You've seen actual cranberries in the wild.
How do you get to this place?
Just take the Cranberry Highway. That's the name of a road in real life.
8. You feel sorry for anyone who has never tasted fried clams.
Other fried seafood is acceptable too, but clams equal Cape.
9. You have a meaningful relationship with a hermit crab.
10. You're pretty sure there's a law that you must go swimming at least once per day.
11. You know that Provincetown was embracing same sex marriage since before it was cool.
13. When you go whale watching there will be whales.
14. You can tell people you've biked the most beautiful place on earth.
15. You have a very positive association with the word shingles. Everything looks better with shingles on it. The more weathered, the better.
16. You got to see all the best players in the majors when they were still in college.
17. You think this is what bowling is.
Candlepin to win.
18. You know adding lobster to anything makes it better.
19. You're grateful that drive-in movies are still a thing.
20. Lighthouses, baby.
21. You know that in summer, ice cream counts as a food group.
22. You can see why someone would be inspired to do this.
23. No matter how bad was the traffic, you can't wait to go back.
Maureen here. Great list, but what about the outdoor showers? What's a visit to Cape Cod without showering in the ocean air?